CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 25, 2008

Why am I still doing YACP?


Everyone asks that! Part of the reason is because they can't find someone that is willing to, but the other part is that I like to be around teenagers, and mine are all gone now. We spent 2 days last week going on a bus to southern Utah. We rode the bus to Ephraim, Utah where YACP played at Snow College. Then we went to St. George. We got to go hiking (one of my favorite things) and shopping at the outlet mall (one of my least favorite things). The kids played that evening at the St. George Tabernacle, and were amazing. They are also amazing in other ways. I was talking to some of them about the new prophet, and saying how I am trying to get used to him. One girl said, "If you look up Joshua 3:7, that might help you." Wow, I couldn't believe she could pull up something like that out of her head. They make me feel young!

6 comments:

Amy said...

You have always had a way with teenagers. I realize now that that is a great talent! I'm glad you're using it for good. I'm sure it is very rewarding. You go girl!

Emily N said...

I think it's awesome you do YACP- it's such an awesome organization!YACP forever!

becca said...

I can say first hand that you are awesome with teenagers, and it really is a talent. Thanks for always being there for me. I don't know what the YACP is though.

Emily N said...

YACP stands for Young Artist Chamber Players. It's a string orchestra that Deej and I were a part of in high school.

Unknown said...

I found you!! You are awesome with kids of all ages - must be because you are a kid yourself! I love your blog, by the way.

Emily said...

You made Young Women's Camp the best! I have such fond memories... "Barges!"