CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mother's Day is Coming!

As I think of Mother's Day this week, I think of my own mom, who passed away just over a year ago. I realize more and more how great she was, and what a good example she was to me. She always made me feel like I was someone important. She was very empathetic, and I know she hurt when I hurt. She was my friend, my mentor, my golf buddy, and the best grandma ever.



As for me being a mom, there is nothing greater in the world. I have loved raising kids! I've loved ballet & jazz recitals, teeball, soccer, basketball, & softball games, piano, flute, violin, & cello lessons, Suzuki camp; Nutcracker practices, Young Women everything, and maybe even scouting stuff. I have 4 fantastic adult children, and I'm so glad to have been able to be their mom. Thanks all of you for being everything a mom could hope for!

Here's my 4 cuties just a little while ago:

Amy...our first, the one that took care of the others, the peacemaker.


Wendy...our clown, always keeping us on our toes.


Emily...as her dad always said, "She knew no strangers."


And DJ...our baby boy. Easy going, and so much fun to have around.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers, and enjoy them while they're young, the time flies!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So true! I can't believe my oldest will be 35 this year - YIKES!

Emily N said...

I love this post. I love thinking about Grandma and I love thinking about you. Thanks for being awesome!

becca said...

That was such a sweet post! I hope I can be a fun mom like you. I hope my kids turn out as good as yours too! Happy Mothers Day!

Amy said...

I just barely discovered this post! We always know and knew that you loved us, and that our home was a safe place where we could be ourselves. You and grandma are the best!