CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Birds and Becky...



I despise birds...I don't know why, but I have been afraid of them as long as I can remember. It seems like they know that, and are out there just to harrass me! I have been pooped on several times, and had one chase me once. I have never run so fast in my life! People think it's funny that a little tiny bird can turn me into a screaming, crying maniac.

So, yesterday, I was riding my bike, my newest hobby. I love being out in the fresh air, exercising, and was enjoying myself as usual. I saw, ahead of me, a cat jump over a fence. Behind the cat, a hawk came swooping down, straight towards me!!! I don't think he was out to get me, he might even have been teasing the cat, but none of that mattered. I screamed, ducked, and of course, fell off my bike. As I was lying there, an older woman came and asked if I was OK. All I could say was, "A bird attacked me!" I felt pretty stupid, but thought I might as well let every body else get a laugh out of it!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ornithophobia (fear of birds) is more common than you think. Why do you think Hitchcock got such a huge response with the movie "The Birds"? Personally, I like birds. It's dogs (Cynophobia) that give me the willies!

Emily N said...

I LOVE this story. I can imagine it perfectly in my head. I'm glad you didn't get too hurt, but sorry about the owies you did get. I will make sure to have full bird feeders when you get here. It will be awesome.

Amy said...

This story is rather hilarious. Your fear of birds definitely makes you unique. Sorry you're so injured right now though.

becca said...

Bummer you got hurt! This story is pretty hilarious though. I saw that hitchcock movie and thought it was really dumb because how can birds be scary. I guess they really are. Is it just big birds, or ALL birds?

P.S. I think you are really tough. I think bike riding is really hard.

Mrs. Grigg said...

Ha, Emily told me about this on Saturday. I love it. I think it's ok that you are afraid at birds, and I'm sorry they give you so much grief. It's totally awesome that you are riding your bike though, bikes are awesome and are like being a kid again.

Kat said...

I'm sorry you got hurt but I"m going to be laughing all day now. I love that you told the lady you were attacked by a bird.

Carol said...

You, Becky, afraid of ANYTHING? Amazing!