CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Being Nice Isn't All It's Cracked Up to Be

Being an empty nester, I have extra time on my hands. So I have tried to fill it with worthwhile things. I am the secretary for a group of kids' orchestras. DJ and Emily were both in those groups in times past, and I think a lot of Jack, (one of the conductors) and feel like this is a good thing to do. Anyway, I do it on a volunteer basis, and enjoy being with the kids. This week we had 2 concerts, which included sending out reminder postcards, making programs, etc. I have been there longer than the others on the board, so sometimes I get other things thrown at me. Anyway, it turned out that a girl didn't get her uniform, I tried to help, and ended up getting yelled at because of a misunderstanding. The next day was another concert, and through some miscommunications, the venue didn't have us scheduled. It turned out ok though. Guess what? I got in trouble again!

I have done dvds of weddings for the past few years. I have never charged, and enjoy doing it, but it is a ton of work. I was asked to do one recently, and accepted. This time, I don't know how, but I didn't get the actual wedding on tape...major screw up. I feel horrible, and don't know how I can fix it. Here again, I'm just trying to do something nice for someone. It's not working out so well right now.

Just blowing off steam...

5 comments:

Emily N said...

I know it was a rough week. Hopefully people will come to their senses and appreciate you for all the wonderful things you do for them. I appreciate you, I hope you know that.

Amy said...

It was a crappy week for you. You seemed to handle it amazingly well. I admire the way you handled the situations and the way you fill up your time. It would be a lot easier to watch soap operas all day!

Mrs. Grigg said...

those issues sound very disappointing and frustrating. It's unfortunate that people don't appreciate your time and efforts. You are a good person and I know that you will come out ahead.

Unknown said...

Someday, it will all pay off. You are an amazing person and I know I'm not the only one who thinks so or appreciates you!
(I love the new look of your blog!)

Carol said...

So, you're human after all?