CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 28, 2008

Grandma Day



Marlene Johnson, a friend of mine, told me that she had instigated "Grandma Day" once a week, which means that any grandkids that are in the area are required to spend one day a week with her. I decided that I needed to do that too. Amy has been very cooperative, the others moved away. I love when the kids come! We go places, do crafts, build trains, etc. etc. Last week we dyed eggs, even though no one likes to eat them. We had some sparkle stuff that went on top. One egg turned out black...yuck! But then Sophie put some green sparkle on it, and it turned into the most beautiful egg that we had.

7 comments:

Amy said...

We all love grandma day. It's our favorite day of the week. It always gives us something to look forward to. And my house stays clean for a day!

Carol said...

I decided a couple of months ago to do that with Becca's kids, since they are the only grandkids in state. Unfortunately, due to conflicting schedules, it has been rather hit and miss, mostly miss. You're inspiring me to do better!

Unknown said...

How come you weren't smiling for the camera, huh? You are so lucky to have grandkids around to spoil! I'm jealous!

Emily N said...

I want a Grandma day- more than I can even express. I look forward to the days we can have one - it will come!

Emily said...

grandma day sounds awesome!

Cicely said...

This blog is adorable! Good work Becky!

Kat said...

I totally got a glimps of DJ when I scrolled past these pictures. It was weird. I think your grandson looks like him. Is it Carson?