CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day


On this Father's Day, I am thinking of my dad, who has been gone for 17 years now. I remember some of the lessons he taught me. He was completely honest in all he did. Everyone knew that if he said something was true, you could believe it. He taught me how to work hard, and that hard work would make you a better person. He had amazing willpower. He was a very humble, but a great man.

David is a wonderful father. He has always been the calming spirit in our home. When something bad happened with any of the children, he was able to logically think it out, and make sense out of things. He loves to have fun, and has made some great memories by giving us some fantastic vacations. He honors his priesthood, and has given many blessings that I know are the words of God. He tries very hard to live the gospel, and to be an example of it. I am very thankful to have a husband who does all of that.
Happy Father's Day to all fathers!

2 comments:

Amy said...

My favorite memory of grandpa Barnes is him letting us comb and fix his hair any way we wanted. He was such a good sport! And dad is the best. He is so loving and wise. I love all the dads in my life!

Emily N said...

I love both those guys. They rule to the umpteeenth degree.