CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I Spoke Too Soon!

So, it's not even 24 hours later, and we have our little granddaughter, Alice Marie Nicolich! She was born on October 7, 2008 at 8:20 AM. She weighs 7 lb 11 oz. and is 20 1/4 inches. Mom and baby are doing well. Emily did the natural thing again...wow, what a tough cookie! The midwife (who happens to be a man) was very willing to let Emily do it her way. No more of that lying on your back for the convenience of everyone except the mother. When it got close, he asked me if I wanted to help. I said "yes," and he told me to put on some gloves. "Wait a minute," I thought, "What am I getting into?" Well, I didn't have to worry, she was born almost immediately, so I missed my chance at I-don't-know-what. Bill was a great coach and helped Emily through everything.




What an amazing thing the birth of a baby is! I will never cease to be amazed at it. And what a blessing to be able to be a part of it. Thanks Emily and Bill for letting me see a miracle today.

8 comments:

Kat said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH! I am so excited. I am glad everything went well . Emily if you read this I think your crazy. I went through contractions for two and a half hours before they gave me the good stuff and I about died. Now I am scared to death of the next one because I don't think I can do it again. I am so happy for you all. Also Becky I think your hair looks really cute.

Leslie said...

I have been checking every once and awhile to see if you updated. Tell Em congrats! I love her name, it is so beautiful as is she! Thanks Becky for posting pics!

becca said...

Way to go Emily! Tell me how you do it so I can try. What finally did the trick? Although I really shouldn't say finally, she was only a day late right? I would have loved to read about you helping in the delivery Becky. What a cool doctor. I need to find one like that. Thanks for posting the pics. What a beautiful little family!

Unknown said...

Hooray! She is beautiful-what else could you expect with a mom and a grandma like you and Emily! It is so amazing to watch the birth of a grandchild! I've seen 3 and cut the cord for 2 - Congrats, all of you!!

Mrs. Grigg said...

I'm so glad Emily didn't have to wait too long for little Alice to show up. I'm so excited to see her in person!

Julie said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. You'll have to tell Emily how thrilled I am for her!

Amy said...

I agree - the birth of a baby truly is a miracle. Emily is a champ! Congratulations everybody!

Cicely said...

That is awesome! I can't believe she did it natural again. I think I'm going to do it this time too.

Your grandkids are great and this new one is beautiful.