CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Why Do Birds Hate Me?


So, while I was in Georgia, I had 2 more bird incidents. One day, I was down in Emily's kitchen, and I kept hearing a knocking. I went to a window in their family room, and there was a bird tapping on the window. Of course, it freaked me out, and I shooed it away. The creepy thing was that it kept coming back...probably 5 times! Emily said that had never happened before.

The really freaky thing was on Sunday before I left. I went out to the backyard with Alice, and looked up in some high trees. There were no less than 10 giant buzzards up there, some with their wings spread, others flying around, and others just waiting for me. I looked around, and noticed at least 2 other trees full of them as well. It was one of those things that you can't quite take your eyes off, even if it is a horrible sight. I held onto Alice for dear life, and when they would start to fly, I would run back into the house. Why we didn't take a picture, I can't explain...well, I didn't because I was going out of my mind with fear. Emily said that she has never seen anything like that either. Bill says that they can feel my fear...

5 comments:

Jacob said...

I never thought birds were in any way freaky until I watched a bird show on TV. There are some pretty freaky birds out there and I think buzzards are one of them. I still think you are funny about them though.
PS. This is really Kathryn by the way.

Emily N said...

They DO feel your fear. I wish I would have thought about a camera too- it really was pretty amazing. My favorite part was the sound they made when flying. I'm sure it haunts you still.

becca said...

LOL!!!! How do they know? I so wish you had pictures! I bet that was pretty frightening. My Grandma Crosby down in Kanab had a whole bunch of buzzards up in her trees once while we were visiting. My cousin and I spent the whole day at the library trying to figure out what kind of birds they were. They really were pretty scary looking and SO big! My cute little Grandma would go out with a bb gun and try and shoot them. That is a hilarious memory! I think it is so funny that they showed up just in time for your visit.

P.S. Thanks for your perspective on my whole nightmare. I really like what you wrote.

Amy said...

They're stalking you! That is so hilarious. I can't wait to hear your next bird story.

Cicely said...

Creepy! Maybe they could smell the deliciousness of the new baby.